Who should be a member of SFMANJ?
Any individual, institution, organization, and vendor/supplier who has sincere interest in athletic field safety and playability.
Members of SFMANJ represent high school, college, professional facilities, parks and recreation departments, educators, youth leagues, contractors and commercial vendors.
Go to the JOIN tab and select your membership category
SUBJECTS ADDRESSED BY SFMANJ
- Turfgrass species selection
- Plant/soil fertility
- Pesticide use and diagnostics
- Root zone amendments
- Baseball infield amendments
- Pitcher mound/batters box repair
- Grass mowing
- Turfgrass cultivation
- Top Dressing
- Equipment demonstration
- Sports Field Construction
- Field layout
- And various other management techniques, which improve safety, playability and appearance of athletic fields
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
SFMANJ is a group of individuals committed to enhancing the professionalism of athletic field managers in New Jersey.
WHEN YOU JOIN SFMANJ, YOU RECEIVE THESE AND OTHER FINE BENEFITS:
- Notice of SFMANJ Field Days and District meetings, most at no charge for attendees.
- "Update", the official publication of SFMANJ
- "Sports Turf", the official publication of STMA
- Support with you sports field related problems
- Membership Resource Director
- A 10% discount toward any Rutgers turf related courses
- Opportunity to serve on the Board of Directors
Opportunity to attend the NJ Turfgrass Expo Athletic Field education classes in December
COMMERCIAL MEMBERS RECEIVE, IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE:
- The opportunity to participate in trade shows and demonstrations
- Opportunity to participate in and/or sponsor demonstrations at field days and clinics
- Opportunity to participate in a District Meeting (speaking, show products)
- Opportunity to advertise in the SFMANJ Newsletter and Directory
- Opportunity to write an article for publication in Update on their comapny and/or products and services